Monday, September 11, 2006

Golf 1.2


Yep. This is the next installment of me learning to play golf. And while no one was hurt in the making of this post, or the story within, it wasn't pretty.

Went out to Bide-A-Wee over in Portsmouth. That's a real course folks. 18 holes and all - the real deal.

I teed off for the first time ever. Again, it wasn't pretty. But I did stumble through.

I actually made it down to the green in about ... oh 10 or so shots. It was a par four, I think. But hey, it was my first time.

Holes 2 through 5 went about the same. A few good shots here and there - but nothing that would be on a highlight reel.

Hole 6 began the frustration. I was trying to figure out how to use my 4 iron-wood. It's suppose to be the fairway club that drives to get you to the hole.

Whoever said that was a LIAR! All it did for me was screw me up worse and get me even more frustrated than I already was. Granted - not a difficult task at that point - but it wasn't helping any either.

Needless to say, hole 7 was my last. I never saw the green, but did feel a little better after picking up and chunking the ball (by hand) down the fairway a few more yards.

So, still no cursing - well not aloud - but sadly, there was some throwing of things. At least it wasn't a club - and even better - it wasn't at the Hubby's head.

At least I haven't given up completely. I'm still trying, and I'll work on it as time allows. More updates to come.

No comments: