Thursday, September 14, 2006

A little book review...

So this week's been pretty bad. Between Tuesday and today - it's a tight race for the worst work day of the year.

It made me want to share one of my favorite books as a kid.


It's a child's book - but it still makes me smile to see it. You see, poor Alexander has all sorts of awful, no good things happen to him throughout his day. Things from no dessert in his lunch to a bad dentist trip to Lima beans at dinner to kissing on TV. Poor guy.

And not that kissing on TV bothers me terribly, but from the stress of work to frustrating bosses to no time for lunch to stupid computers - my day is like Alexander's. Just the grown-up version.

So here's to Alexander. I feel your pain. And Alexander - don't grow up. It only gets worse...

And to those who've never read about Alexander's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day... go get it. Read it. Then you can either keep it to read on those rotten days, or donate it to a school library. All kids - young or old - should read it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had completely forgotten about that book. I love that book. I may have to go buy that book.

Did you ever read "Leo the Late Bloomer"?? It was GREAT. Honestly - I wasn't even a late bloomer but it was the cutest book ever and I'll always remember it - and a boy I went to school with named Forest who could completely relate. :-)

kate kiya said...

Oh! I LOVE that book! I was thinking of putting it up on MY blog last week! Great Katies think alike!!! ;)