Friday, August 25, 2006


"There are moments when Nature reveals the passion hidden beneath the careless calm of her ordinary moods--violent spring flashing white on almond-blossom through the purple clouds; a snowy, moonlit peak, with its single star, soaring up to the passionate blue; or against the flames of sunset, an old yew-tree standing dark guardian of some fiery secret." ~ John Galsworthy, The Forsyte Saga

Nature's got a lot to see. Sometime I feel in the craziness of my daily life, I miss it all.


Yesterday evening I caught a very majestic sunset. It had all the right shades of pinks and oranges and reds - but in front of it all were purplish-blue clouds that blended in with the horizon and swirled in front of the receeding sun. It really was something to see. Like the sun had been put out in spots and then decided to slip away before it ever hit the horizon.
It was awing. And I really had to stop and thank God above for giving it to me.

This whole week has been very hectic and stressful for me. More than any other here in my job or my job before this. There have been moments of physical illness due to stress and overload. So the sunset last night I know had to be God's way of telling me, it's going to fade away. This week and this stress won't last forever. And for that, I'm equally as thankful.


So I'll leave you this afternoon with lyrics of yet another Crowder song. It came to me as I watched the beautiful sun set below it's unseen horizon and disappear into nothingness last night.

From golden fields
To oceans blue

From green mountain meadows

I'll think of You


From rolling hills

With misty moon

From roaring rivers
I'll think of You

And everywhere you remind me

That You are and
You were
and
You will Always be our God



Have a great weekend all!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just wanted to remind you we are always praying for you both.

kate kiya said...

so pretty...the quote and the picture and your words and the lyrics...it made me more calm just reading it...ahhh....