Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Back to the land of squirrels...

So, we're finally home. :::Sigh:::
What a trip! We've seen family, friends and lots of fun things on the way. Not sure I'd do it again tomorrow, but eventually I'm sure we will.

But for now, here's a few photos to finish out the road trip...

First is me driving. The honey insisted since I used one of his image I must in turn use one of myself. Fine. Happy now, hun? It's not my best picture, but I had to...


Next, here's a fun water tower we saw driving through South Carolina. No, not Georgia. Georgia, while known for it's peaches, doesn't produce near the amount as South Carolina does. Funny, I know...
And here's the sign welcoming us back home to Virginia. Not near as fun as a peach water tower, but it's home.
And last, here's the odometer as it sat after pulling in the driveway. And thankfully, we only had one flat tire and nothing else go wrong with the car on the entire trip! Yea for safe travel.

And now we're back to work and school. I'm back working on the next issue of the paper and Benjamin's hearing about livers and mental disorders. Again, not as fun as peached-out-water towers. However, the pups are glad to be back home amongst the squirrels of MacDonald Road for their barking pleasure. I'm sure there were plenty of squirrels back in Texas, but they just didn't get the chasing and barking they do here at home.

And let me tell you, Austin (our cat) was VERY thankful to see us again. While the neighbor kept him fed and petted, we know he missed us very much. And he doesn't plan on letting us leave anytime soon from the looks of it. I'm sure that's why he's sleeping on top of me again tonight and for the next few nights.

1 comment:

kate kiya said...

YEa! Fun pictures! I love the peach water-tower. Super-festive!