Thursday, March 15, 2007

What does seagull taste like?

All of us have in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea -- whether it is to sail or to watch it -- we are going back from whence we came. ~John F. Kennedy


Living near the ocean has its many many blessings. Like yesterday when we took ourselves and the puppies down to the oceanfront for a little exercise after work. It's still quite a bit cool - especially with the breeze coming off the water - but it's nice to get out and it's even better to get the dogs good and worn out for the rest of the night.

One thing I'm not so fond of when talking about living so close to the ocean is the amount of seagulls we have. Better termed as 'Rats with wings,' seagulls are nasty little creatures and probably carry more diseases than scientists would like to admit knowing how many tourists find them so fun and amazing. But I digress.


While on the beach yesterday, Baylee made it her ultimate goal to catch a seagull. You could just tell she wanted one very, very badly. Thankfully, she's just too slow, but it didn't stop her from trying.

So, if there ever was a good reason for seagulls, it'd be they wear out my dogs pretty well and they never once have one of the filthy things in their mouths. But Baylee sure wants to know, what does a seagull taste like anyway? I'm guessing not that great.

And on a side note, the photos below are from the view of the beach from our hotel room we stayed at Valentine's Day. (I don't think I ever posted them, but after being so sick at the beginning of the week, my sweetheart swept me off to the oceanfront for a nice relaxed evening and some room service. Isn't he the BEST?!?) Last night we were walking a little further up the beach, about halfway between the hotel and fishing pier.



1 comment:

kate kiya said...

Katie moment! Today I went to the grocery store and there was a whole flock of seagulls (yup! seagulls in Albany!- not very close to the ocean!)...or as you put it better "rats with wings" sitting in the middle of the parking lot in a tight group. I had a distict urge to drive my car right through them and see them go crazy! haha! :) I didn't do it though.

Like the ocean pics too- I miss the ocean....is it summer yet?