Thursday, August 17, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Or at least it was in Garden Ridge today.

And not just a couple of items... nope - half the store. All sorts of Christmas trees - including bright red ones and neon green ones - and lights and wreaths.

There were all sorts of giant holiday lawn inflatibles - including snowmen caroling, Scooby with a present and even Santa playing poker with the reindeers. Just want everyone needs...

It's Aug. 17 for crying out loud!!! I still have to get through Labor Day, Halloween, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving and a slew of birthdays between now and then.

Why is everyone so anxious to get to December?!? I know people want to think of winter and get out of the heat, but Christmas stuff out in August?!? Even this is early for most, isn't it?

Am I missing something? I know - they're merchants and out to make a buck - but even the Halloween display was shoved off to the edge of the store near clearance and it's only 2 months off...

And forget about Thanksgiving. We need not give thanks for all we're blessed with. Let's just get Christmas here fast and keep getting more, more, MORE!

I just don't get it.

1 comment:

kate kiya said...

I KNOW!!! Ever since July, people at my old job started counting down the days until Christmas! They'd run by your desk and go "x more days until Chirstmas remember!" What GIVES? When I rule the world...ONE freaking holiday at a TIME..in proper ORDER!! :)