Friday, August 22, 2008

One is the loneliest number


So it's now just me. Me and my thoughts.

My honey has left and is on his way out of Virginia and off to Texas. I'm here at work, not even thinking of work and wishing I was with him.

He'll be gone for a month. He'll be in Tyler for a four-week rotation at a family medicine residency program there.

In the meantime, I'll finish up my job here and keep things moving along on the home front. For those who don't know, I've now given my notice at work and will be leaving here Sept. 12. I'm excited about what I'll be able to to without a full-time job, but am a little nervous how life without a job for me will be.

It's only temporary, as once we find out where we'll be moving to for residency, I'll start looking for my next job. But, we don't find out until March and won't be moving until May. And so, in the meantime, I'll be working as secretary, travel agent, chef, maid and all-around companion as we plan and travel across the nation for residency interviews.

Where you ask? Well, we're eyeing places mainly out west - Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Texas and possibly even Alaska. There are also a couple in North Carolina back closer to where we are now. But our days in Virginia are coming to a close and we'll be out of here come mid-May.

The honey's application goes out Sept. 1 and we'll hopefully start lining up interviews quickly. And once those are set, we'll begin our travels.

But for now it's just me. Well, me and the dogs and cat. At least I have them to come home to.

1 comment:

kate kiya said...

Hey you- I'm FINALLY able to comment on your blog- love all the entries I've been able to catch up on! :) I'll write again soon- thinking of you and being all by your lonesome for a whole month! booo! :(