Monday, July 21, 2008

Vacation pics - part 5

As you can see by the post title - this is part five. For parts 1-4, scroll down.

Our last port stop on the cruise was Labadee, Haiti. It's a private, gated (and guarded) resort on Haiti that's owned and developed by Royal Caribbean.


In the morning, we went to Malfini beach - a private beach that was a 20-minute boat ride from the resort. This is just a hillside on the way to the beach.


Here's our view from the beach.

And another...

Here's my sweetie waiting to go in.

Here's some sort of critter that came up on the beach..

Here's my sweetie in the crystal clear water...

And me...

Look at that water!

Here's some of the coral that we saw that was about 30 yards off the beach. It was so pretty.

More scenery on the ride back.


Once we got back to the resort we ate a barbecue lunch and did a little wheelin-n-dealing at the locals market. I got a pretty hat.

Here's some of the locals' art...

The afternoon we took a sea-doo excursion.

Here's me - before I fell into the water trying to switch sea doos with a stupid instructor who wouldn't believe my stop key wouldn't stay on. I did do better after I switched with a smart instructor who knew how to do a mid-ocean switch.

Here's us after...

These are some underwater shots of a barracuda...

and fishies nibbling on my toes.


And that was the end of the day. We returned to the boat worn out.

No comments: