Thursday, January 01, 2009

An end to 2008

I know it's been FOREVER since I posted, but in all fairness we left for Alaska the 10th and didn't have internet at the hotel. The hotel had internet, we just refused to pay $10 a day for it.


After Alaska we were at my family's home to visit and I didn't want to loose any time visiting to blog. Next was a trip to the in-laws and again, I wanted to spend time with family. Of course I got sick and spent plenty of time sleeping and trying to hold down crackers and water. Yum.

Then, we spent a wonderful week, including Christmas Eve and Christmas, in a secluded cabin off in the mountains of Colorado near Allenspark. We had no cell phones, no internet and a lot of fun soaking in a hot tub under the stars in the cold nights. We even ended up with icy hair a couple of nights.  It was a perfect escape and a great way to wrap up 2008.

We've now settled into our little home-away-from-home in Fort Collins and will be here for a month. I never thought I'd be excited to be in one place for just a month, but after spending a day here and a couple of days there, I'm thrilled to have an place to park for a full month.

As for more photos of our adventures, they will be forthcoming over the next couple of days. Tonight is just an update and to wish everyone a wonderful start to 2009. We're enjoying a quiet night waiting for the ball to drop - Mountain Time - in our PJs with the pups.

We'll catch up with you more in the New Year!




No comments: